Is there functionality or add on similar to vB SEO's liked threads showing on facebook?

rainmotorsports

Were going to start making the transition to Xenforo from vBulletin starting next month. We are already going to buy for sure and pretty much have all my ducks in a row so not really a pre sale question just a question in general.

Not that I personally care for the feature I believe some of our management does. With vB SEO if you like a thread that is in a public forum you can automatically have that show up on facebook. Curious if either Xenforo or an Add On has brought this functionality yet?

There are two ways of sharing threads on Facebook: click the post number and an overlay will appear, click the Recommend button at the bottom of the page.

Automatic share to FB when liking a post doesn't exist.

Now the built in function your describing for sharing Is that for the user in questions Facebook or the sites Facebook which is what vbseo posted to?

Guess I'll have to write a plugin to please the elders.

Hey digital point! Have to be one of the biggest inspirations in the VB to xf world at this point.

Actually was going to hit up the forums next to specifically ask about the forum drop down on your site. To see if that was one of your custom pieces or not and or if it was available.

Anyways thanks guys. I knew Facebook had the capability but just looking to see if there were options already done. I will talk with the guys to see how important this is to them and how they want to implement. To me its silly to post all public threads just because they get a like. Personally I'm thinking a desperate button in the first post next to like.

Anyways thanks to both of you. Can't wait to get started on this. Have to wrap up old projects first.

Hey digital point! Have to be one of the biggest inspirations in the VB to xf world at this point.

Actually was going to hit up the forums next to specifically ask about the forum drop down on your site. To see if that was one of your custom pieces or not and or if it was available.
It's something we built in-house, and not something that is available to the public at this point. The drop-down is actually a small component of something bigger more complicated that only mods/admins can see.

Specifically we needed a "drop-zone" for our drag and drop thread movement system... the ability for end-users to use that drop-zone for navigation was a bit of an "after the fact" thought. Oh... this could be useful for navigation too. hah

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom