1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Is there an email sent out when someone registers? (manual approval)

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by bobs409, Jan 6, 2014.

1. bobs409

bobs409 Active Member

Due to spamming, I have my forum set to manually approve all new registrations.

The only problem is I often get an email from the person saying they can't post. (prior to me approving them)

Is there an email that is sent out? If so, can I reword it so they better understand that I have to manually accept them first. Either they aren't getting an email explaining this or it's poorly written?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, you will need an add-on to send you an email of new registrations.

An email should be sent to the user, but I do not know the phrase name that is used (off the top of my head).
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

4. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

thanks_for_registering_registration_must_be_approved <- This phrase should be shown to them upon registration. As far as I see, they will (only?) receive an Email as soon as you have activated them.

Edit: your_email_has_been_confirmed_registration_must_be_approved is probably send to them via email.
    bobs409 and Liam W like this.
  5. bobs409

bobs409 Active Member

Thank you. :) I did find that phrase and re-worded the message so hopefully that will help.