XF 1.1 Is there a way to . . .

ddmmh

I have a forum called 'Featured news' which displays by default to anyone visiting my site on a mobile device.

Problem is when someone comments it moves the post to the top of the forum.

Since I want my news to show by date and not by most recent reply, I was wondering if there is a way to change this so even if someone replies the thread doesnt get moved to the top of the forum?

Thanks

You can sort threads by "thread creation time" as opposed to "last message time". This is in thread options at the bottom of the page but I'm not sure if there's a setting in the ACP to make that the default and might require an add-on.

You can sort threads by "thread creation time" as opposed to "last message time". This is in thread options at the bottom of the page but I'm not sure if there's a setting in the ACP to make that the default and might require an add-on.
Yep, I saw that. But I wanted to make it a permanent thing just for this forum. Thanks anyway :)

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> node_forum_level_2

Replace this code:
Code:
<h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" data-description="{xen:if @nodeListDescriptionTooltips, '#nodeDescription-{$forum.node_id}'}">{$forum.title}</a></h3>

... with this code:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 99">
                <h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, 'order=post_date', 'direction=desc'}" data-description="{xen:if @nodeListDescriptionTooltips, '#nodeDescription-{$forum.node_id}'}">{$forum.title}</a></h3>
            <xen:else />
                <h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" data-description="{xen:if @nodeListDescriptionTooltips, '#nodeDescription-{$forum.node_id}'}">{$forum.title}</a></h3>
            </xen:if>

Change number 99 to the forum ID you need sorted. You can also change the direction, ascending or descending.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> node_forum_level_2

Replace this code:
Code:

... with this code:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 99">
                <h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href="{xen:link forums, $forum, 'order=post_date', 'direction=desc'}" data-description="{xen:if @nodeListDescriptionTooltips, '#nodeDescription-{$forum.node_id}'}">{$forum.title}</a></h3>
            <xen:else />
            </xen:if>

Change number 99 to the forum ID you need sorted. You can also change the direction, ascending or descending.
Thanks mate.

Unfortunately that didnt work :(

The order didnt change. I made a test post and it again puts an old news article up the top.

Also it doubles up all my forums for some reason. Any other suggestion? cheers

double.webp

Top Bottom