Is there a way to transfer a pm/conversation to a thread?

At this point this is an internal tool that we use on a support board of a site that I help moderate. A xenfans.com tool that I wrote (very dirty code, made to just work on their site). I am considering revamping this into a plugin and release it, but i have prior stuff pending first. So to answer your question: yes, it's possible. But no, not by default. A third party tool is required to achieve this. Or a manual query.

There's not a function within XenForo to do it, but you can do it manually with a query.
Thanks Corey!

A third party tool is required to achieve this. Or a manual query.
Thanks also, very much, for your further clarification Floris.

Please keep me on your notification list if you decide to release such a tool.
I think it would be very useful, given the educational nature of our community.

All the best,
Jack

At this point this is an internal tool that we use on a support board of a site that I help moderate. A xenfans.com tool that I wrote (very dirty code, made to just work on their site). I am considering revamping this into a plugin and release it, but i have prior stuff pending first. So to answer your question: yes, it's possible. But no, not by default. A third party tool is required to achieve this. Or a manual query.

By that do you mean if someone reports a conversation it becomes a thread in the support forum? Because that's what I'm looking for.

It covers 4 things.

Personal Conversations,
Unapproved Discussions (including profile posts, threads, posts)
Reported Content
Profile Posts

We wish the report and moderated content area were more extensive, allowing for better conversations between team members and interacting with the user .. and that it has a better overview. It doesn't currently. Not entirely. So we were looking at alternatives and simply putting things in a certain forum that team members have access too allows us to include details from the report, unapproved stuff, the user account, and click links to take action.

It's very alpha, it's made for that site, but I am hoping to find time in 2012 to release it as a tool if nothing has improved in 1.2 of xenforo.

What I have on my current VB site is a special 'support forum' which deals with reported content by creating a thread for each reported post.

The support forum is set up in a way that only the thread creator can see his own threads, normal members cant see other users threads. Of course support staff permissions are set up so they can see every thread.

This works well to keep reporters of inappropriate content private and also allows users to raise queries that can be answered by any member of the team and unlike a PM it is transparent.

It covers 4 things.

Personal Conversations,
Unapproved Discussions (including profile posts, threads, posts)
Reported Content
Profile Posts

It's very alpha, it's made for that site, but I am hoping to find time in 2012 to release it as a tool if nothing has improved in 1.2 of xenforo.
Good to know, Floris, I hope you'll add me to your notification list for when its released!

Top Bottom