Is there a way to sync users between two forums?

Renegader

Hey guys,

1. I've looked around for a while and I couldn't find anything related to this. Is there an addon or some method to sync users between two forums? Just their user details so they can login with the same user/password.

What I'm thinking of is creating a new forum and for people on my old one to be able to login with their current username/pass.

2. Is there a way when creating a new category in the forum + subforums to allow that category to have a different domain name?

Wait. I'm a member of a site that used to have xenSSO installed, I tell you that it's a pain in the neck because it causes a lot of database errors. So, unless you have a powerful server, don't use it.

Wait. I'm a member of a site that used to have xenSSO installed, I tell you that it's a pain in the neck because it causes a lot of database errors. So, unless you have a powerful server, don't use it.

I think you're being a bit over-dramatic there Carlos. I use it across 6 sites (soon to be 8) and only see a very occasional error and my members love being able to float from site to site with the same user ID.

Presumably you're talking about Admin-Talk? Maybe it would be best to hear from Brandon about what the details of the problems were. It might give a better picture as to why he chose to stop using it. (y)

My understanding is that he has now merged the general forums with Admin Talk - perhaps this was the reason?

I think you're being a bit over-dramatic there Carlos. I use it across 6 sites (soon to be 8) and only see a very occasional error and my members love being able to float from site to site with the same user ID.
I know, I've been using xenSSO with...
Presumably you're talking about Admin-Talk? Maybe it would be best to hear from Brandon about what the details of the problems were. It might give a better picture as to why he chose to stop using it. (y)
Yep, you're spot on. I went from AT to GF no problem, but it was plagued by frequent database errors, in fact... I was the one who reported the problem to Brandon in the first place.

Which is why Brandon did the following...
My understanding is that he has now merged the general forums with Admin Talk - perhaps this was the reason?
He didn't merge it into AT for the reason you think... I think it was because of the frequent errors, some users have experienced the same that I have. But hey, if you want Brandon to clear this up for you, okie dokie.

Top Bottom