XF 2.0 Is there a way to let mods soft delete/hide attachments from posts?

Ivar Hill

On a game-related community I manage, users frequently upload screenshots as attachments, and there is a hard rule against posting other players' personal info in images. Despite the rule this happens fairly often, so mods have to go in and delete attachments.

However, these screenshots are often reports of players breaking game rules, so it's actually really useful for the moderators to be able to refer to the images later on. Here's where things get a bit inconvenient - there doesn't seem to be a way to "soft delete" attachments so that they are hidden from public view but still viewable to certain usergroups. Mods could save attachments to their computers but that's a pretty clumsy solution.

Of course the whole thread/post containing the attachment could be soft deleted, but often the rest of the post is fine and it's just the attachment that needs deleting.

Is there any way I might have missed to soft delete or hide attachments, but leave the rest of the post intact? I haven't found any native way nor any plugin for 2.0 that seems to do the trick - would appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

On a semi-related topic, I have noticed that when I upload an attachment as an admin, and delete it from the same account as an admin, somehow it actually stays in the control panel attachment manager - is this intended behavior?

Top Bottom