XF 1.1 Is there a way to edit the length of time for edits?

Carlos

I converted a Halo community over to xenForo today, and one of my members is reporting that he can't edit post(s) after a short amount of time.

"The time limit to edit this message(0 minutes) has expired"

I never encountered a user on CODForums reporting this.

Where do I find the feature to edit the time limit for editing posts?

EDIT: Version 1.1.2

Is it possible to have a 12 hour post edit timeout for the default "Registered" usergroup, while creating a secondary group with a 6 hour post edit timeout? In other words, is it possible to have the secondary usergroup timeout take priority if the user still has the "Registered" usergroup as their primary group?

It seems that the only way to make it work is to change the user's primary group.

Is it possible to have a 12 hour post edit timeout for the default "Registered" usergroup, while creating a secondary group with a 6 hour post edit timeout? In other words, is it possible to have the secondary usergroup timeout take priority if the user still has the "Registered" usergroup as their primary group?

It seems that the only way to make it work is to change the user's primary group.

Primary / secondary doesn't matter. The least restrictive value will be the user's final permission. If one is unlimited then it will be unlimited. Otherwise the highest limited value will be used.

Is there a way to give certain members a shorter editing timeout while leaving them in the default "Registered" group which has a longer base timeout?

I take it that the "Time limit on editing/deleting own posts" setting will take effect even if the "Edit post by self:" setting above is set to "Not Set (No)". It sort of seems like other permissions use the most restrictive settings (Never will override everything else) which is probably why I'm confused here.

edit-time.webp

Never is overriding. Integer permissions don't have an overriding value which is why they are associated with a "regular" permission such as Edit post by self.

Two integer permissions always favor the least restrictive. There are no negative or subtractive integer permissions. You would have to set Edit post by self to "Not Set" and Time limit on editing/deleting own posts to 0 for the primary group, and then create two separate secondary groups, one to grant each level of editing access. Then you can assign people to the appropriate secondary group depending on which editing level you want them to have.

Thank you for the very knowledgeable explanation, that makes much more sense now. :)

Next question: - veering off-topic, but related - what would be the best way to mass assign all members to a group? Would a promotion specific criteria be the way to do it?

Top Bottom