Is there a way to block a specific email address from registering?

parafly9

My spam filter is working really well but I keep having this one email address (and variations of it) that keep coming through.

It's lyudmeskr1@gmail.com, but every registration uses periods in different spots to "change" the email address. This one email address is like 90% of my approval queue (and is usually 5- 7 registrations per day).

They come in as variances like ly.ud.me.skr1@gmail.com, l.yudmes.kr1@gmail.com, lyud.me.s.kr1@gmail.com, etc. Is there any way to just block this one?

Solution
Try adding something like this to the banned email list *.*.*.*@gmail.com.

That will ban all instances though in my opinion, only spammers craft email addresses like that.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member

That will ban all instances though in my opinion, only spammers craft email addresses like that.

Solution

parafly9

Does this ban anything with 3 or more periods? Because I know some accounts do use periods in them. My wife uses one in her email address (between first & last name), for example. But if it's 3 periods or more than I feel pretty comfortable blocking all of that.