Is ther a managed 7 hosted solution for XenForo?

+DS_DV+

Hi,Is ther a managed hosted solution for XenForo?
i have/had an SMF Forum with a Portal and a Blog mod.

But for security reasons i wanna migrate to a Hosted / Managed solution.

vBulletin dont support themes and is realy vanilla so best alternative was IP Board wich has only 25 Average online useres in my pricing range (and dindt awnserd my pre sales questions yet).

SO my question for XenForo (wich is supposed to be the holy grale of ForumSoftware these day):

Do you have a hosted service?
Or is there on wvailable form a 3rd party?

with best +DS_DV+

Last edited:
I have both.

But my problem is that i dont have the expertise to manage such a web project - expesialy when it comes to bugfixing for security reasons ...

a website would be the vullun on my server.

is there a 3rd party hoster where you can rent managed xenforo hosting?

We do not allow third parties to offer managed (reseller) hosting.

What exactly is your concern with regards to security?
The vast majority of sites are installed on regular hosting, with no issues.

im very paranoid in sercurity conecerns and the problem is that i have (as mentioned) no real skills.
im not even a real skirpt kiddy my "skills" are to set up some game server and cms systems for a website and read some html.

And if i look to some exploit DB's you mostly find them in popular websoftware.

And if someone mange that for me i feel safer.

i ment managed forum hosting so thats his job to manage updates bug ffiexes etc.
like IPS / vBulletin provide

another question:
is ther an alternetiv way for financing the license?

Last edited:
You can find managed hosting in here: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/third-party-service-offers.42/

But, as Brogan points out, you'll need to purchase the Xenforo license separately from Xenforo directly.

I wanted to add though, that while you can get the hosted service from IPB for what seems like an inexpensive monthly amount, when you look at that limit of users online, in my experience they're going to count bots. So, that $20 a month turns into $30 when Baidu hits your site. That's my experience anyway.

Besides, you can do better by buying XF up front and get hosting for under $10 a month on a new forum without any of the "users online" nonsense. It takes less than a year for IPB to cost more than XF, if you go with their hosted.

Plus, at the end of the day you still own the XF license even if your forum doesn't make it, with IPB hosted you own nothing.

i ment managed forum hosting so thats his job to manage updates bug ffiexes etc.
like IPS / vBulletin provide

another question:
is ther an alternetiv way for financing the license?
Hi

We offer a XenForo monthly maintenance service which includes web hosting as well. Check my signature for more details.

Top Bottom