Is it premature to start a Code Monkey Section?

jonsidneyb

I know it may be way to early to do this but I was wondering if it was?

If there was a Code Monkey forum we could start getting to know them and find out what ideas and services they might be able to provide in advance of the forums debut.

All this talk of roadmap...lets be clear (lets not be distracted) - the roadmap is what we have ~said~ so far! Get XenForo to the point where it can be downloaded and keep developing features! In a nutshell!

I believe the roadmap is already set on the developers mind, from what we can see. Taking from what Kier said, he has certain focus at what needs to be developed first for the forum to be suitable to all public from the start.

Kinda off-topic, but IMO, "code monkey" is slightly derogatory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_monkey

You missed this part.... ;)
It is often used in a derogatory sense, but there are those who willingly apply this term to themselves— generally when they feel that their skills are being underutilized, and the work they do is suitable for a programmer with less skill or experience than their own. This is typified by the “I’m just a code monkey” usage referenced in the Jargon File.

Ironic self-deprecation by programmers who prefer to distance themselves from pointy-haired boss culture means that the term may in fact be one of approbation and in-group identification. In other words, sometimes the meaning can be completely reversed; it all depends on the tone and context.

Rather than code something area. Which I've always hated the way it's conveyed because let's face it there's more to this product than code is a developers area as developing comprises of designing and coding. Not just coding. Just some food for thought when describing such an area. We wouldn't want to alienate the designers who I feel are equally as important to contributing to this product. :)

Top Bottom