Is it possible to see what threads a member has been browsing?

steve_aust

Dear XF users,
I'm trying to find out if XF has the following capability.
With my VBulletin forum a moderator can chose to see what threads a member has been looking at (as opposed to posting in)
This can be useful for moderators sometimes, to track a member's activities.

Possible in XF?
cheers

I will have a look at the code and see if I can tweak it to do what i want it to do
How are you gaining access to resources while unlicensed?

You also posted in your other thread about testing another add-on on a demo board.

Our hosted demo doesn't allow add-ons to be installed so presumably you have access to another kind of demo board?

I help admin & mod a forum running an older version of XF (1.3.1) whose licence ran out a long time ago.
The forum is a not-for-profit small community (less than 100 members!) & not worth updating to 1.5. (I have also posted about there being a need for a tiered licence cost: cheaper for small boards like ours, while the big boys with tens of thousands of members pay more. How is it fair that we need to pay the same cost as a commercial website like bigfooty.com?)
So I run a demo board with XF 1.3.1 on my linux box (it's actually a local backup of the live forum). While we can't access any resources on XF.com ourselves I can kindly ask the developer if they can share their add-on, and at the same time test the add-on in the wild. Most ignore me, some say no and a minority say ok.
Having said all that, when XF v2 gets announced we will cough up again and renew our licence, for what promises to be an easier to understand & program XF from writing our own add-on's point of view.

While we can't access any resources on XF.com ourselves
If you have a valid license then you can access resources, regardless whether the license has active support or not.

I don't see you associated with a license at all, which is why you can't access them.

You shouldn't be contacting resource authors privately for access to resources and neither should they be providing them to you.

That totally defeats the controls we have in place with regards to license holders only being able to access them.

If you have a valid license then you can access resources, regardless whether the license has active support or not.
really? that is news to me - I thought the licence expired 12 months after purchasing/renewing.
I will make inquiries with the original board creator and see if I can take over the licence and get registered here. Thanks Brogan.

really? that is news to me - I thought the licence expired 12 months after purchasing/renewing.
I will make inquiries with the original board creator and see if I can take over the licence and get registered here. Thanks Brogan.

The support and updates expire, use of the licence and access to resources never expire.

You should ask the licence holder to add you as in their forum users area (or transfer the licence to you).

Liam

Top Bottom