XF 2.0 is it possible to rename the help url?

electrogypsy

i know i could just change the url with the route changer, but what i want to do is change the url for the help section to something else (i.e. from mysite.com/help to mysite.com/anything) and then still be able to use the /help for something else.

my reasoning is that the help section of xenforo is (still) really difficult to use, and i'd rather just get rid of it entirely and create a help forum (using route filters to retain the /help url).

i'm aware that i'll have to edit core files, which is fine, i just don't know where to start.

I haven't really tested it out thoroughly, but this appears to work?

Screenshot_11.webp

Just route filter your help to something else, then whatever you want your new help page to help. Now on this setup, as shown above, my normal help goes to /support, and the RM goes to /help.

I haven't really tested it out thoroughly, but this appears to work?

View attachment 179136

Just route filter your help to something else, then whatever you want your new help page to help. Now on this setup, as shown above, my normal help goes to /support, and the RM goes to /help.

huh, that does seem to work. i guess i just assumed it wouldn't since (if i remember correctly) this would end up in a broken loop in xf1.

thanks for the help!

Top Bottom