XF 2.2 Is it possible to moderate new tags?

SNSSO

I've just spent the best part of 5-6hrs a day for the last 2 weeks working on the tags on my forum. I'm on page 26 of 60+ and with over 3,000 tags on my forum, I really need to address the ongoing issues wrt tags in other languages, misspellings, americanised versions verses anglicised versions, plural and singular (potato verses potatoes), plural vrs singular verses America/British/any other language and so on...

I don't really want to remove the ability of established members to create new tags but I'd love the ability to be able to moderate all new tags so that they can be amalgamated or made into a synonym or in to a canonical tag or just approved/rejected etc.

Is this possible? I can't see anything obvious but it would save me so many problems.

As you have around 3000 tags can you consider that these cover all the topics that are usually created in your forum?

If so, you can make them permanent in the options and remove the possibility for users to create new ones. They must choose them from the drop-down list of permanent tags.

There isn't a way to moderate tags as far as I know, but there is https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tag-essentials.6759/ that adds synonym support.
We already have that installed, thank you.
As you have around 3000 tags can you consider that these cover all the topics that are usually created in your forum?

If so, you can make them permanent in the options and remove the possibility for users to create new ones. They must choose them from the drop-down list of permanent tags.
sadly this list is both valid (I've spent literally weeks going through it, pruning, trimming, merging, correcting and so on and am only on page 28 of 60+) and far from complete. hence my problem (we're a cooking forum). it's a 'solution' I'm trying to avoid tbh given how many different cooking techniques, plants, animals, insects, and so on there are. right now I see things everyday that are missing from it, should have been, could have been added and so on.

moderating new tags would at the minimum allow for correcting spelling mistakes, plural verses singular, regional/country variations of spelling, members deciding on using another language (non-English) and branching out into other hobbies (general chat and media gallery images, grrr).

obviously not an option I guess.

Only options is probably looking at getting support added to Tags Essential (though you may need to fund the functionality) or finding someone to make the add-on yourself.

Top Bottom