Is it possible to migrate old Forum to XenForo?

I have a forum which is about 7 years old and I am using SMF scirpt on that forum. I want to know if I buy a license here and if I want to transfer that forum or I should say, if I want to migrate that forum from SMF to XenForo, will this be possible?
  • Do I need to migrate my old SMF forum to XenForo myself, or will I get a support from XenForo?
  • What about the current rankings? There could be URL changes as the URL structure on XenForo and SMF might be different. So will it affect my current rankings?

There is a built in SMF importer for XF1 so you can import into that, then upgrade to XF2.

The URLs will change - you will need to implement redirection so old SMF links are automatically forwarded to the new XF ones.

I have a forum which is about 7 years old and I am using SMF scirpt on that forum. I want to know if I buy a license here and if I want to transfer that forum or I should say, if I want to migrate that forum from SMF to XenForo, will this be possible?
  • Do I need to migrate my old SMF forum to XenForo myself, or will I get a support from XenForo?
  • What about the current rankings? There could be URL changes as the URL structure on XenForo and SMF might be different. So will it affect my current rankings?

I can do it for a fee, if you have interest pm me.

other than manual redirection of each thread using .htaccess.... as it will take more than a month to redirect all the old URL to specific new URLs manually.

I used a code to put in htaccess that redirects the pages according to some rules. I used phpbb to xenforo but I am sure you will also find what to do if you search in google. It is medium difficulty, I do not have any special knowledge but I managed to do it. Gl

Will this be possible to redirect an old thread URL to the same thread on XF? Or will it be like redirecting all the old URLs to the home page of XF forum?

It will be from old thread to new one in XF. There is a table created in background, when importing an old forum. And there is logged something like "old thread and post ID and new one". So basically nearly every content (I'm doing it for pictures of Photopost to XenGallery aswell) can be redirect.

First search: https://xenforo.com/community/resou...-simple-machines-forum-smf-xenforo-urls.3963/ in Ressources.

Top Bottom