Is it possible to make this add-on?

Luxus

XenForo/Model/Avatar.php

Code:
class XenForo_Model_Avatar extends XenForo_Model
{
	/**
	 * List of available avatar sizes. The largest must go first.
	 * Avatars of each size code (directory name) will be no bigger
	 * than the given pixel amount.
	 * @var array Format: [code] => max pixels
	 */
	protected static $_sizes = array(
		'l' => 192,
		'm' => 96,
		's' => 48
	);

You can directly change the l, m and s avatar sizes here. I just want to know if its possible to make an add-on for this so that you don't need to edit this file directly. I am trying to make this add-on with the help of this guide, but I see no function to extend. How to proceed?

You can edit them by extending the Avatar model, use a __construct() method there that sets self::$_sizes to what you want.

That will work for most things, but I ran into a problem in that there are 2 methods in the Avatar model that are called statically sometimes (not extended)...

So places that use these functions, will not reflect your updated sizes...

XenForo_Model_Avatar::getSizes();
XenForo_Model_Avatar::getSizeFromCode();

I ended up just needing to edit the XenForo_Model_Avatar class manually for the sizes unfortunately. Would be nice if they were settings/options or something.

So places that use these functions, will not reflect your updated sizes...

XenForo_Model_Avatar::getSizes();
XenForo_Model_Avatar::getSizeFromCode();

I ended up just needing to edit the XenForo_Model_Avatar class manually for the sizes unfortunately. Would be nice if they were settings/options or something.
They will only not reflect the updated sizes if the XenForo_Model_Avatar object is not created before the static functions are called. Not sure if this is the case anywhere in the core XenForo code.

They will only not reflect the updated sizes if the XenForo_Model_Avatar object is not created before the static functions are called. Not sure if this is the case anywhere in the core XenForo code.
There are a few places... for example when templates call the <xen:avatar> tag... that causes the XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperAvatarHtml() method to be called which calls the XenForo_Model_Avatar::getSizeFromCode() method without the Avatar model being initialized upstream.

Top Bottom