Is it possible to have an android/iphone app which can take a photo and upload it to the gallery?

sross

I don't see anything out there like this. What I would like is a type of instagram app that allows shared pics to be uploaded to a specific xenforo gallery category. Is it technically possible via the api? Where would one start to achieve something like this, a freelance app developer? Are their any white label apps that might do this? Thanks

Upvote 2
This would actually be huge for our site at ZooChat - every week our members visit zoos all around the world and then come home and upload dozens (sometimes hundreds) of photos. Being able to upload a photo directly while at the zoo would be well received (although would probably increase the amount of moderation work required - but that's okay).

I don't see anything out there like this. What I would like is a type of instagram app that allows shared pics to be uploaded to a specific xenforo gallery category. Is it technically possible via the api? Where would one start to achieve something like this, a freelance app developer? Are their any white label apps that might do this? Thanks
This would actually be huge for our site at ZooChat - every week our members visit zoos all around the world and then come home and upload dozens (sometimes hundreds) of photos. Being able to upload a photo directly while at the zoo would be well received (although would probably increase the amount of moderation work required - but that's okay).
Turnkey Mobile Apps has support for uploading photos to threads, and the implementation has been massively improved in the next 2.2 update (I advise waiting until 2.2 to try it out). That said, this thread is about XFMG -- you will be able to upload photos there in 2.2 onwards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom