1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Is it possible to divide a forum per domains?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ivo Pereira, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Ivo Pereira

Ivo Pereira New Member

Let's say I have a main forum with all its categories with nodes insides.

I would like users to be able to access the forum as usual, however let's say I have a CategoryA, and I want to be able to access CategoryA forums using the domain www.category-a.com.

I know that is possible if I setup a redirection to the category link on the domain, however instead of that I would like to configure (possibly a kind of a Virtual Host?) something to get all my links of that category through the domain.

Any idea?

2. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I am not very sure, but I think that you can use one license for domain only.
  3. Ivo Pereira

Ivo Pereira New Member

Well, my objective was not really using more than one domain for it in the true sense of word, just creating a domain mask for a category. But in the end "it looks" like that I'm afraid.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Ivo Pereira

Ivo Pereira New Member

Thanks a lot @Jake Bunce.

Possibly I guess a better solution would be just to live with domain redirection to subdomains possibly.