XF 1.2 Is it possible to create user subgroups?

jflory7

Hello XenForo forums,

I am a recent convert to using XenForo, and I'm still trying to get everything figured out to how I want it to work best for me. I've been doing a lot of experimentation, but I've run into a small hurdle and I'm not sure what the best way of going about this might be.

I run a Minecraft server, and I would like to use a plugin for my server called CommunityBridge that links into the MySQL database of my XenForo forums and syncs the ranks between the server and the forums.

My dilemma is that I am trying to figure out the best way to execute my donor's ranks. I have nine different ranks on my Minecraft server, but on the website, they would all have the same permissions in regards to the forums they have access to, posting privileges, etc. The only difference would be their rank name on the website.

So – what I figured would be the best way to do this is to create a "Donor" user group that has all of the permissions for the donors, and then create individual subgroups that inherit everything but the banner of the master "Donor" user group. However, it would not seem that this is possible.

Are there any other alternatives, or are user subgroups actually possible? Or, in other words, what is the best way to actually implement my donor ranks into my XenForo user groups?

Thanks in advance, and if you need any more info, feel free to ask!

It is possible.

Create the base user group with the permissions you want.
Add all users to it.
Then create a user group with the styling, title, etc. you need for each rank and add the users to the specific group.

So every user will be a member of two user groups: the "base" group which has the permissions and the "rank" group.

This resource explains the concept of cumulative permissions: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

Top Bottom