XF 1.5 Is it possible to create a XF page like this?

IPF

Is it possible to create a XF page like this? Has anyone done it? If yes, please share a link to that page.
Thanks,
Ipf.

jQuery-Plugin-To-Create-An-Alphabetical-Navigation-Filter-listnav.webp

How does it work, specifically? Like, pressing letter A will show only items that begins with A? (I'd guess so) And will it reload page every time they click on a certain letter? I guess it's not hard to do it with JavaScript (pressing any letter won't reload the page). But the page will have to list all items on every page load.

Also, what do you want to use this feature with? Thread list? Or simply a custom list?

Reactions: IPF
You don't need to list all items on every page load, you can load per letter clicked with ajax using js/jquery as well as other ways. It's possible to do as I have done it myself back in the day but I never published it so I have nothing to link to other than a random simple example i just searched up which could get you started on trying to create that page yourself.

http://www.ajaxblender.com/howto-create-custom-jquery-tabs.html

The first thought that I had in mind was to simply use JS to load the items from the server depending on the letter. But I was also thinking that it'd probably be too complicated if he only wanted to make a single Page Node. He wasn't clear about what he was going to use it with.. So yeah, I became unsure as to which path I should lead him. Then I simply assumed that the item list would be custom (meaning, wouldn't be stored anywhere in advance), then I thought that he might as well load all the custom items in page load and do simple JS instead of doing a callback.

if he only wanted to make a single Page Node.
This is exactly what I want. A simple xenforo page created without a lot of coding. It will have a list of links sorted alphabetically. Will it be easier to accomplish using wordpress as I have wordpress as my cms.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom