1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Sky Forum - Community Driven Fan Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Lykke, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Iron Sky Forum - a community driven fan forum - released by SchmitzIT a few days ago, but still a work in progress (we need a lot of work on it - but you get the basic idea =)).

Layout is made to fit the official page: www.ironsky.net

We just got an official approval from the makers of the movie Iron Sky, to open and promote the forum - and the director Timo Vuorensola signed up yesterday - so we are very thrilled =)

For those who doesn't know about Iron Sky:
    Iron Sky is a black science fiction comedy which was released worldwide on 4th of April 2012.

The movie in short:
    In 1945 the Nazis fled to the dark side of the moon.
    In 2018 they are coming back.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Felt my IQ drop 5 points when I watched the trailer for that movie. Nice looking forum. Only thing I don't like is the gap beneath the forum navigation menu but that could easily be closed in Style Properties/Header & Navigation/
    Lykke likes this.
  3. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

I found the movie brilliant =) There are so many hidden hints and also a lot of humour in it!

But I am aware, that either you just love it ... or you don't :)

The space was actually in purpose - but I will take your suggestion into consideration - thank you ^^
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Move the Help tab to the Forums Tab.
    I think this site needs an "About Us" page and a Tab ...
    Lykke likes this.
  5. hunz

hunz New Member

Nice background with the logo :D
    The footer's font could be change to more readable colour.
    Lykke likes this.
  6. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the feedback :)

I have a plan with the footer - because I wish to make a footer box with the different logos and links to all the different sites connected to the project; Iron Sky.

About the About ... It's kind of connected to the links in the footer - and I will write a lot in the wiki as well (when I get to it lol). About the ones creating the forum - that will be a sticky in the forum section 'Iron Sky Forum' I believe. But the idea is good enough. I will give it some thoughts =)
  7. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

Looking good :)

I'd make the background image so it fills the window though, otherwise you end up with black bars around it.

Lykke likes this.
  8. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Hi Robinhood :) Thank you

The picture is actually quite large and I have to go 'outside' my one screen and into the second one to see it in full size. My screens are 1920x1080 - so it might be the resolution on your screens?
  9. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

Yeah, my screen resolution is 2560x1440, so it doesn't quite fill it, which makes it look a bit odd.
  10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

oh looks better from when i last seen it. not sure what all you did but good job!
    Lykke likes this.
  11. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

I used Xenporta Portal (8wayRun.com) for the front page. Dunno, just one of my favourites =) And placed the ads at the top of the Side bar. It's only Iron Sky directed advertisings linked to their official site.

Then I found a new footer - which is so easy to implement. Instead of links I added small icons with links directed to the different official and supportive sites.

You can find the add-on here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/custom-xf-footer-default-styling.77/

Another great thing I wish to mention is Jaxel User Ranks. But I added a picture to them to make the different titles 'stand out' =)

Example one for the Administrator:

Example two - from an Iron Sky Official:

I might make more changes - the forum is so very new - and we still hope to get a lot of members! *crosses fingers and toes*

12. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Thanks !

As you see I removed the gap =)
    8thos likes this.