• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

IRC Post Announce Port from VB3 Addon - $20

I'm interested and would gladly pay $20 for it. Can you tell me more about the plugin and how it is architected?

I just checked 8wayrun and I couldn't the a thread announcing feature.
http://xenfans.com/chat is with Mibbit.
I don't think that helps you either.
I indirectly asked Jaxel about thread announcing - I'm not sure he'd be interested.
Good luck regardless !

the addons are Chatscripts.
He wants to post new Threads, replys, Registrations into an IRC chan.
But to get this working you have to rewrite everything, also the TCL Part cause xenforo is using a different structure.
To get new Threads or posts, posted into an IRC chan (just open forum will work) i would suggest to use a RSS Feed script you can find here.
I am using this too and with some slight changes it works quit well. Also shorten URLs are possible.
If you want to use it, but dont know how just let me know and i will set it up for you. Of course for free ;)

Edit:
The biggest problem is the deletion of threads, then a thread with posts will be posted as a new thread in IRC. I think that all could be solved with simple modify the Actions in the core files and install a manuel event called new_thread and new_post i will think about that.
----------------------------------
PHP:
(14:10:52) {Storage} IRC-Announcer NEW -> Topic by S4ph1r: IRC-Announcer Addon in Array
(14:10:53) {Storage} IRC-Announcer Read more -> http://127.0.0.1/index.php?threads/IRC-Announcer-Addon.9/

The Array problem will be fixed.
The TCL Part is a simple Socket Server wich accepts Connections from the Forum ;)

Edit:
The biggest problem is the deletion of threads, then a thread with posts will be posted as a new thread in IRC. I think that all could be solved with simple modify the Actions in the core files and install a manuel event called new_thread and new_post i will think about that.
----------------------------------
PHP:
(14:10:52) {Storage} IRC-Announcer NEW -> Topic by S4ph1r: IRC-Announcer Addon in Array
(14:10:53) {Storage} IRC-Announcer Read more -> http://127.0.0.1/index.php?threads/IRC-Announcer-Addon.9/

The Array problem will be fixed.
The TCL Part is a simple Socket Server wich accepts Connections from the Forum ;)

Nice work man, can't wait to see it done :)

P.S. don't forget to pm me your paypal when it's done ;)

Currently not because the Problem that if you delete a new Thread, the Announcer will anounnce the next oldest Thread from the DB.
I am allready trying custom Events for "thread_new" and "post_new" but seems not rly to working

I run an eggdrop bot that has rss.tcl which points to individual forums.
When a new thread in that particular forum(s) is published, it spits it out in the chat room.

I run an eggdrop bot that has rss.tcl which points to individual forums.
When a new thread in that particular forum(s) is published, it spits it out in the chat room.

But what does your RSS Feed if your delete the latest post in the forum. Does it announce the latest new one again?

Yeah, as it should .. since it's then an update to the rss feed. This is happening incidental, and not everybody is on irc all the time - doesn't really bother anybody. IRC announcements should be incidental, not every 5 minutes, or even hourly.

My forum is private so can't use standard rss feed. On a vb4 forum i coded my own passworded rss feed generator pulling data directly from the db and then used an rss reader tcl like you. Still it's not so practical, an addon would be better.

My forum is private so can't use standard rss feed. On a vb4 forum i coded my own passworded rss feed generator pulling data directly from the db and then used an rss reader tcl like you. Still it's not so practical, an addon would be better.

I think after some hours, i need an real Forum to test the Addon in real conditions.

Top Bottom