IP blocking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chride2k8

Hello

This is my first post here (hopefully not the last). I wanted to ask if it's possible to configure xenForo so that only IPs from a few countries can create accounts/use the forums/view the threads?

The reason why I ask this is that I'm planning on making a "feedback forum" which should only be accessible from a few countries due to privacy policies and such.

You can ban IP addresses in the ACP but it sounds like you would be better off banning them at the server level, if you want to block them altogether.

Thanks for the epic fast reply! :D
Well, that's why I guess it would be easier to just "autoblock" everything that isn't from a certain place ...or... just whitelist a few ISPs (if that's possible) and autoblock everything that isn't coming from those ISPs. Can that then be done?

XF can't do this, but you should be able to do what you want at the server level. Bear in mind, though, this could have a negative impact on your server's performance.

Well honestly I'm not worried about performance as long as it works, things don't need to just poof be there at the exact same time as when you click on it :)
By the looks of it I'll go for xenForo since I'm already familiar with the backend of it, however first I'll have to grab myself an URL and partners and all that...I'll be back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom