1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented IP Addresses

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Mark.B, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

I think I probably speak for a considerable number of admins one this, but I am led to believe that we are unable to see users' IP addresses in posts or in the Who's Online page.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that a great many sites, mine included, will be literally unmanageable without these features. Mike says the data is tracked for the spam cleaner, I'd strongly urge IP visability to be added at these two points.

Jo., silendreamer and Brentnauer like this.
  2. PGU

PGU Member

touched on in this thread. The ground work is there, but it hasn't been included in the templates yet.

3. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

Cool, I hope it is seen as a priority rather than "something for the future", it's one of those things I always assumed was mission critical for any busy site, I certainly couldn't manage without it.

4. PGU

PGU Member

you can probably enable it with a little bit of template hacking.

5. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

That's what I'm hoping, if the data is already available that it can just be added in the templates, of course I need to learn all the template syntaxes and suchlike first.

Rudy likes this.
  6. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Simply agreed.