Browser issue iOS click-to-call functionality mistakes page numbers as phone numbers

Hello, for some reason tonight Chrome for iOS 10 started this issue. The page numbers are not displayed correctly and the links are broken. It only happens on certain threads. Clicking on a broken page number makes the phone try to make a call. I've got nothing. I looked through the bug reports and didn't see it. Any help?

www.the-mainboard.com

The issue affects the MLB thread, the Notre Dame thread, etc

IMG_4842.webp IMG_4843.webp

Interestingly it does not happen on Safari for me, just Chrome. The screenshot posted by @Xon appears to be from Chrome as well based on the layout, so I wonder if it's just a Chrome issue.

Heh, true enough. I actually may not have viewed the other image so I just assumed it was Safari. It could be an issue unique to Chrome, then, I have just tested some other browsers and I can't reproduce it. Of course they're all essentially running some form of Safari so it's not completely wrong, but I certainly can't seem to reproduce it on the Safari app itself.

Anyway, we'll see what we can do.

Heh, true enough. I actually may not have viewed the other image so I just assumed it was Safari. It could be an issue unique to Chrome, then, I have just tested some other browsers and I can't reproduce it. Of course they're all essentially running some form of Safari so it's not completely wrong, but I certainly can't seem to reproduce it on the Safari app itself.

Anyway, we'll see what we can do.
this is happening everywhere even with wikipedia, so its safe to assume apple will fix this soon

Top Bottom