XF 2.2 Invision to Xenforo

Muddy Boots

Just trialling an import from IPS 4.6.10 to XenForo 2.2

I cant find (probably not looked hard enough) the files I need to copy over for the importer (rather than copying all IPS files) as im doing a dry run on a new VPS

I'm presuming its just /uploads/ - Or is there any other files the importer will look for ?

And obviously the dB

All the importer needs is the database and the attachments directories.

Just copy those to the server where XF is installed and the importer will be able to run.

Dwight Office Tv GIF by The Office

Thanks for the replies, went to bed as was late so will carry on this evening.

Using a Hetzner VPS for this to trial it CX41 16GB Ram 160GB HDD and only €19.08 a month (reason for 16GB is I have other stuff to go on the VPS as well)

Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 07.49.33.webp

CMM install went as smoothly as normal and the ssl.conf setup was setup easily

Well so far its gone very well - Suitably impressed with the speed of install and the importing of data

Did a FooPah though and forgot to do some snapshots as I progressed :rolleyes:

One thing the smilies didnt import over (ones added to the default IPS ones) - is this a manual process or did I miss something ?

Well after a few trials to make sure its all smooth, live transfer tonight from IPS board to new XF board on a new Centminmod VPS

Trails all went very well so cant see any issues at all - except the permissions didnt seem to copy across so il have to reset all of them after the import

Setting permissions isn't a big deal since after an import you should be double checking them anyway and there will be different ones as well. Welcome to XF!

I would check them as a matter of course for sure, just ashame they havent copied over in the importer for me, the forum is totally private not viewable by anyone other than members and when imported its open to all, the groups are messed up as well.....

Top Bottom