1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invision Power vs XenForo Member Profile Tabs

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by DRE, Sep 26, 2011.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Iversia, surfsup and ragtek like this.
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

I like the vertical tab switching style, but I like XFs implementation too.

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah they both look great.

I'd say Xenforo and vBulletin's is more closer to Facebook or Myspace.

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Web designers following UI/UX tend to agree that the horizontal sub-menu on a social page has the preference.
    This allows for the "F" way of reading, supporting profile details such as module-boxes to be on the left, and dynamic per page. Rather than requiring their own page(s). Heatmaps during a/b testing seem to support this theory as well.

5. ragtek

ragtek Guest

I agree.

A other profit of this is, that you have more space and you can add more tabs (which is IMO a horror at the current profile!)

The8thLegion likes this.
  6. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

You can define more tabs vertically. I imagine with all the mods there are avaliable (Albums, infractions, medals etc.) the profile tabs get too much populated and get messy. Either there must be some sort of scrolling function to slide to other tabs when there are to much of them or the vertical view is more appropriate.

havanaclub likes this.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

*bump*

CyclingTribe likes this.