Introducing Now Serving Linux

Problem with Gravatar is -- it's Gravatar. :)
To often it is down and then the server error logs start filling up - and on other times it doesn't refresh like it should. I originally had it enabled on my sites but just turned it totally off since I would prefer the use of one of the 200+ Tux avatars I have available (on this one specifically).
I only had a problem with it back in the early days of xenforo. Seens to be fine now.

Maybe a section for SteamOS which has has had beta released.
I'm sure its going to be a popular subject over coming months with a lot of Linux noons trying it.
I knew there was something I was meaning to do (been busy on the a VPS setup for a friend).
It's there!

Maybe put it as subforum under Debian.

1. SteamOS is based on Debian 7.1 Wheezy

Or maybe not, just trying to help :p
Moved... hadn't checked the OS out yet and was not sure what it was based upon (I don't do any Steam related games so don't really keep up with it).

Moved... hadn't checked the OS out yet and was not sure what it was based upon (I don't do any Steam related games so don't really keep up with it).

Well SteamOS is only a few days old. I've signed up to expand on some details SteamOS but can't post links :(

Well SteamOS is only a few days old. I've signed up to expand on some details SteamOS but can't post links :(
Hmmm... may be @tenants stophuman spam kicking in.. I think I have it set for requiring a couple of posts before you can embed links. Just checked - and I do, it's 3. I need to set up another user group that will allow known users to bypass that.

EDIT
New group made with the exclusion and you and a few others have been added.

Not really... that's the way the style is designed.... to push it partially out of the block.

From my site without xenMoods enabled using the unmodified style:
View attachment 63093

From my site using a modified version of it and using xenMoods (as you can see, I also increased the avatar size):

View attachment 63096

From @Audentio's demo site of it:

View attachment 63094

Known quirk with using @Shelley's modification to the Notifications add-on from @Chris Deeming. Will probably make that one so it is avatar free.

Sorry known quirk? Is that the distort quality of the image?

Edit: Ignore just read the previous posts. Yeah, if you set the avatar in the notification templates to "m" that corrects the issue.

Sorry known quirk? Is that the distort quality of the image?

Edit: Ignore just read the previous posts. Yeah, if you set the avatar in the notification templates to "m" that corrects the issue.
Gracias senorita ... off to mod the template shortly.

EDIT:
screenshot.webp

Gracias senorita ... off to mod the template shortly.

Just checking now (haven't got that notification installed)

but I am sure it's this part of the code {$notification.showimage} == 'avatar'">{xen:helper avatar, $visitor, s} << setting the "s" to "m" in the notification_edit_public template

Just checking now (haven't got that notification installed)

but I am sure it's this part of the code {$notification.showimage} == 'avatar'">{xen:helper avatar, $visitor, s} << setting the "s" to "m" in the notification_edit_public template
Yep... edited the template and updated my reply to you with the what it looks like now. ;)

Sure will be glad when @Chris Deeming gets it fixed to work with Redactor like it did with the old editor. :p

Last edited:
Looks good, except the logo. Hate it. You should get one that looks more professional.
First RFP price in... a logo with vector graphics = $250. WAY outside what I'm willing to pay for a hobby site (one out of 6) that are already running me the price of 2 new motorcycle payments a month.
I'm leaning towards sticking with what I got now unless some of the other RFP's are more reasonably priced and look better.

First RFP price in... a logo with vector graphics = $250. WAY outside what I'm willing to pay for a hobby site (one out of 6) that are already running me the price of 2 new motorcycle payments a month.
I'm leaning towards sticking with what I got now unless some of the other RFP's are more reasonably priced and look better.
I'm just using a simple text logo that looks fantastic with my theme.
FFbdl5M.png

Not all logos have to be fancy. ;)

Site looks great. One thing I did notice is that the logo height needs to be increased so it isn't covered up by the navigation:

image.webp

(On the iPad)

Site looks great. One thing I did notice is that the logo height needs to be increased so it isn't covered up by the navigation:

View attachment 63177

(On the iPad)
Just noticed basically the same problem on the iPhone in responsive. That image is only 250x96px so I'll try reducing it to a max of 175 width and see if it effects it. If not, a little responsive EXTRA.css magic is in order.
Thanks!

View attachment 63177

(On the iPad)
Looks like it is something specific to the style because no matter how small I make it (right now it's at 150x58px) and it stays the same... Oh @Audentio, where-for art thou? :p

EDIT:
It does help if I update the right logo in the styles area. :eek:
It should be fine now on the iPad, but the iPhone still has the magnifying glass overlaying the image. Still more experimentation required.

Last edited:
I'm just using a simple text logo that looks fantastic with my theme.
FFbdl5M.png

Not all logos have to be fancy. ;)
I can do a "nice" one just by using the built in style properties.. but I've always been somewhat partial to having something that can also be used as the favicon and your facebook logo.og.png that reflects your site logo.

Have moved the site off the old Xeon L5520 server that it was sitting on over to a VPS I just created on my new E3-1230 v3 server (it's nice - has 6 240GB SSD's in hardware RAID 10). It seems to be a little "faster" than it was on the server with software RAID 1 config.

Top Bottom