Interview with Joe Ward, former vbseo partner

Brandon Sheley

I know some of us came from vBulletin and may have used vBSEO so I thought I would share this interview. The main Interview is about Launch.forum but Joe does answer some juicy questions about what happen to vBSEO the last 2 years.

Gives you something to think about when starting a business, you need to have a solid plan and see the big picture.

Interview with Joe Ward, co-founder of Launch.forum

Here is a snippet, you really want to read the whole thing though! So much good stuff here.. (y)

What happened in the time up until the end of your time at vBSEO?

Whoa, now the questions are getting edgy! =) Here goes. The wheels started coming off the vBSEO machine. I presume Juan was disatisfied with his inability to get full, unopposed buy-in from the founding 3: himself, Ilia, and I. While we were never opposed to exploring new opportunities and ideas, we did see it as a team decision and not a dictatorship.

Looking at the vbseo forum it appears people's major grief is lack of development in recent months...
I just checked and the last version of vbseo was released march of last year. A full 17 months ago, I've removed it from client sites because it seems like anymore it was just security fixes that were released, and this was after some of my clients were being exploited.

I just checked and the last version of vbseo was released march of last year. A full 17 months ago, I've removed it from client sites because it seems like anymore it was just security fixes that were released, and this was after some of my clients were being exploited.

That's the trouble with some developers. They'll just pack up and leave and not say a word that development has stopped and keep the community hanging.

That being said good interview Brandon thanks for posting made for very interesting reading.

Hmm, I thought there were more replies here, maybe people started fighting?

Either way, Joe Ward has posted 2 very lengthily replies and they are worth checking out.

vBSEO has been good to us. Always kept our site high in the SERPs and once set I've never really looked at it in years. I rarely even had to ask for support. Support has been pretty good, no complaints. It's also on their forums I learned about nginx and this has been one of the best decisions for server performance. Not sure about the future of the company or the need for it in the years to come, but as long as I'm running vB I probably run vBSEO. Thanks for posting the interview.

That's the trouble with some developers. They'll just pack up and leave and not say a word that development has stopped and keep the community hanging.

That being said good interview Brandon thanks for posting made for very interesting reading.
Yes it was a good interview, it's always good to get some background info on what's happening even when its not all good news.

I know some of us came from vBulletin and may have used vBSEO so I thought I would share this interview. The main Interview is about Launch.forum but Joe does answer some juicy questions about what happen to vBSEO the last 2 years.

Gives you something to think about when starting a business, you need to have a solid plan and see the big picture.

Interview with Joe Ward, co-founder of Launch.forum

Here is a snippet, you really want to read the whole thing though! So much good stuff here.. (y)
Joe Ward had a very good talent and I would have to agree with him, that things turned a little ugly once a few key people left the company. The product has never really been the same and uses more resources than it is worth now.

Really am interested on where he goes with Launch Forum and wish him the very best of luck (y)

Top Bottom