Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently not.

Lets see, if I log in, it takes about 10+ seconds before a page starts to load, plus the odd blank.
If I log out, it magically returns to normal. Sound familiar ... yes, its a feature called Miserable Users.
Im sure some will find it very amusing, and if the site owners have a better explanation for this sudden behavior, then I'll gladly apologise, otherwise it seems that this "professional" site is actually being very childish.

Oh, please.

The only thing childish here is your behavior. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion but it doesn't mean people are necessarily going to agree with it. Rather than making baseless accusations and calling people childish, why not try contacting a staff member explaining what's going on (there's a big block on the right of the front page showing who they are).

What makes me laugh is that they say that purchasers are bound by copyright laws etc.

Well. If IB's claim is true (which it isn't) then surely everyone with a vB licence can still use the XF code? :p

Personally, I'll be glad to see the doors open and the customers flowing from there to here as IB have just started hammering the nails into the own coffin, big time.

+1!

Sure seemed that way to me, but I'm not a lawyer. There ARE some jurisdictions however where threatening to sue is in itself actionable, i.e. you can get sued for threatening to sue - either sue or don't, but don't try using the threat to coerce. That's what a good lawyer once told me --my two farthings... Waiting for the XF shop to open.

Indeed, defamation and the like.

Making statements that amounts to threats and certain claims about peoples actions in public that can't be proved (by any stretch of the imagination) is a very dangerous thing to do legally.

Do you guys know if there is anywhere I can just donate them some money? xF team I mean. :p

It would be nice if they set up a donation area in their shopping cart. Some of us aren't interested in buying a xF license just yet, but would like to support the small guy against IB.

Jamie

What a crock, IB scared of competition so try to strangle it through the courts.

I note they get quite personal in their forum post as well, very unprofessional considering this is before the courts.

First one is not permitted, sub-letting or otherwise leasing out your own license is against EULA. You work(ed) there, you should read it ;)
First one = Selling your license officially via transfer... or do they not do that anymore?

I am so disgusted with internetbrands I have for the past 1 hour and a half removed all my resources from their domain. (something thought I'd never do) That's 113 threads, several hundred packs tens of thousands of images removed.

Probably makes me as bad as them but then I never really did care what others think.

It just shows you the lengths these clowns will stoop to. Not only that they cannot accept their responsibility since the takeover of IB that they messed up in every way they could. Thik about building a product from the ground up rather than trying to make an easy buck off the people you serve.
adolf.gif

IB just wants revenge. I'm sure they expected the devs to disappear after paying them bonuses. Now that they haven't I guess IB wants to get them back. They better have some good proof, or this is fully going to destroy any small little tiny bit of reputation they have left.

Sorry Shelley, but by doing that you are only hurting their users, not them.

Not exactly.. it's only a matter of time before their users become someone else's users. Whether it's XF or another platform.

I can see why most of the original team at vB left. IB was bullying everyone!

Not exactly.. it's only a matter of time before their users become someone else's users. Whether it's XF or another platform.

I can see why most of the original team at vB left. IB was bullying everyone!

Yeah you're right, I'm going to file a lawsuit against IB since they kept on bullying, harassing , stalking my sexy girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom