Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps paul is under a contract which prevents him to talk negative about IB or vBulletin ;) Freedom of speech is important though :)

This post from IB has probably brought more attention to XenForo than ever. I only learned about XenForo a month ago, because of an off-chance post on vb.org. I know there are still a lot of admins who have never heard of XenForo either. This post from IB has not only shown their true colors, it has also validated XenForo's exists, and informed their customer base that there is another player in the market... a player that IB is obviously scared of; so naturally their customer base will wonder why. It wont be long before they see the advantages to XenForo over vBulletin.

This post from IB has probably brought more attention to XenForo than ever. I only learned about XenForo a month ago, because of an off-chance post on vb.org. I know there are still a lot of admins who have never heard of XenForo either. This post from IB has not only shown their true colors, it has also validated XenForo's exists, and informed their customer base that there is another player in the market... a player that IB is obviously scared of; so naturally their customer base will wonder why. It wont be long before they see the advantages to XenForo over vBulletin.

Touché.

Why are you here? It's obvious you have no interest in xenForo apart from to make stupid and childish snide remarks about it's features.
That's what i said like 2 weeks ago but hey, if he thinks he has the right to do so then let him be :) This reflects this case, if you can do something [ie have to right to] doesn't mean you should.

Just a personal q if you don't mind, from what I know you on VB forum, you seemed to be a reasonable guy, your current stand is out of compulsion or it is because you beilive in it from your heart

Well lets clear that one up shall we - no, I am not.

I dont care if you are interested or not. Feel free to use the ignore feature.
Honestly you only come here to stir the pot. Might be a good idea to just stop while your ahead. Your just adding fuel to the fire and it will come back to bite you.

Why are you here? It's obvious you have no interest in xenForo apart from to make stupid and childish snide remarks about it's features.
Wrong. There are plenty of childish and snide remarks in this thread tho.

Oh Paul, you're a very good example. Internet Brands never cared about the opinion of their customers. :)
Ummm ? Ok, you have lost me there ?

Perhaps paul is under a contract which prevents him to talk negative about IB or vBulletin ;) Freedom of speech is important though :)
There's no freedom of speech on a community - you have to stay within the forum rules. Giving your opinion about non political matters has nothing to do much with FoS.

Anyway. :) Paul's entitled to his own opinion, just as you and I.

Though it would be nice if personal name calling and pity is kinda left out of the equation.

I don't know if Paul works on payroll for vborg, or vbcom. Didn't they list him in the staff list as support guy? Not important. Paul can still dislike xenforo or like ib/vb - and we're free to (dis)like him just as much. It's how we express ourselves regarding that is I guess what sets the tone.

What IB did was a low blow, instead of embracing competition in an open market, they're afraid of it and grasping straws by taking (personal) action against the people.

Once again, can I please ask everyone to refrain from making insults and personal remarks and that also extends to IB.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how much you may disagree with it.

yea? thats more worrying.

Why? He's heavily involved in the vBulletin community. He likely has working relationships with people from IB. Perhaps he has info regarding the lawsuit that we do not. Regardless, he believes that vBulletin is in the right here, which for all we now they may be. None of us have information on the suit... or so I think.

Once again, can I please ask everyone to refrain from making insults and personal remarks and that also extends to IB.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no mater how much you may disagree with it.
Sorry. This time i admit, i was wrong.

Seriously Paul, if you really care about the vB community and the vB customers, don't be mad at people here, be mad at the guys currently running vB Solutions. Because they are destroying vB, not a few coders or designers deciding to quit their work for vB.
Paul's a decent enough chap and is usually the voice of reason, I'm at a loss as to why he's "gone in to bat" for Internet Brands all of a sudden.

It's certainly not out of any compulsion, he's been happy to speak against them in the past. He's also affirmed vbulletin.org's semi-independence from Internet Brands.

I can only assume it's just his personal opinion. It's not one many will share but - hey - we're all entitled to them.

Paul dude u know it we all know vb.org will go down soon i know ur the admin there u are upset that the forum will go down soon and u will see maybe 1 mod per week then 0 so flaming here is just makin it worst

Wrong. There are plenty of childish and snide remarks in this thread tho.
So why are you here then?

If it's not for that reason prove me wrong because to me quite frankly most of your posts here contribute little if anything to this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom