Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you and floris asked is just a nosense.
Penalize ib by penalizing it's customers? What a great idea!
You can look at it as a strike... sure customers will temporarily suffer from it, but everyone will win in the long term (accept the big corporation that wanted even more money).

No, it lies firmly with the coders.

Er... so you think that coders should simply ignore the actions of the company they are producing free/paid modifications/addons for?

If an action of company X leads person A to make a decision in a certain way, then surely company X is at least partly responsible for that decision?

Not really sure what else to say. I just can't see how you can support that position.

What you and floris asked is just a nosense.
Penalize ib by penalizing it's customers? What a great idea!
For me it not about penalizing the customers, it's about me simply no longer feeling motivated to bother with the company or the community; I don't want to continue developing for it, or supporting old stuff. I am not the first that parts with vBorg. That it indirectly hurts the customizers is unfortunate but a consequence of that. My decision to discontinue my support with addons and supporting those addons is because I now no longer want to show support for vBulletin as a whole. Regardless of the status of XenForo.

All of last year's "troubles" combined doesn't even hold a candle to the **** IB will encounter for suing an honest competitor.

Forum administrators who choose to continue using vBulletin, knowing full well how awful its creators are, don't deserve mods anyway.

That's silly. From a philosophical standpoint, sure this [seems like] is an unsavory move. I [think that I] don't like it [assuming, of course, that this truly is not merited], and have qualms supporting a company who plays this game.

Logistically, yeah right. Last year's horrible releases had a way worse effect than this will have on IB. Frankly, the only people rioting are here already (as a whole). People pay for a product. They expect the product to be good. It's that simple. I would imagine that you've purchased products by companies such as Microsoft. They play these same games. How many people cared when they got SCO to sue Linux? How many people whined about Vista?

Also, not everyone has an unlimited supply of money. Not everyone's community can just be switched over to a new product with the snap of a finger. While I see the upside of stopping development of mods, it's naïve to make a blanket statement that those who use vB don't deserve mods.

Sorry Paul, but I have to say this. Please shuffle back off to the 4.1 Alpha team. You can think what you want about our reasons for removing our contributions to IB's forum but I'm personally not interested in your biased opinion...not today.
I dont care if you are interested or not. Feel free to use the ignore feature.

Reactions: mrd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom