1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Silvan, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Silvan

Silvan Member

I'm a bit confused about this problem that's cropping up on my forum. When I go to certain random sections in the forum, i.e. the 4th page in a forum, it brings up an internal server error. It keeps doing that, until a new thread is posted, at which point the same will happen on a different part of the site.

I thought it was something to do with the caching, but when I clear that out, the problem is still there.

I don't quite understand this problem, is it to do with XenForo or is it a server problem? And if the latter, what do I ask my hosts to look into for me (I'm a bit clueless when it comes to server settings).

Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 10.01.49.png

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's a server error. Unfortunately it's not specific. It could be anything. You would have to pull the logs on the server to find a more detailed error message. Or you can try to find a trigger. For example, I have seen some servers that fall over when the URL contains a specific word. Maybe it's only happening with URLs containing something specific? But more generally, contact your host.

3. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

yep... it's related to your host's server but you can re-download and re-upload the software... just in case one of the files are corrupted...

4. Silvan

Silvan Member

Do you mean the Xenforo software and all the plugins?

5. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

yes

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This wouldn't be from a corrupt file. A file problem would show a PHP error.

7. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

well.. I was saying this from personal experience...