Interested in a license

Vido

Hello,

I've been a long time IPB users and own all the add-ons. Rhett The IPB Support Manager said if I want to regain access to my account, they want me to buy another license. This isn't the first time this company has done this to me. I am now looking for an alternative solution.

How does xenforo compare to IPB?

Thanks

The core forum experience and editor is miles better in my opinion. It's just lacking when it comes to 1st party extended features such as a calendar, events, clubs, ecommmerce etc.

There are a number of very good 3rd party add ons to help fill some of these holes though.

It really depends on the add ons that you need. Which ones are most important?

Unless you had a "legacy" type of licence 'over there' then you should be able to renew. By this I mean what was a Life/Perpetual type of thing.

Anyway that is not the point. I think you would like it here. For one thing the editor actually works properly! :)

Comparison well there are no official Blogs addon and what was Content/Download in IPB is Resources here, you can sort of use it as both article and download system. Gallery there is Media system.

Plenty of third party items too.

Would strongly suggest you try the demo here and see for yourself what you think.

As above if you can say what you used on IPB (and what version, (2x/3x) this would be helpful in a way to show things here.

Here is the message they said to me:

Hello, as mentioned by our CEO, we are no longer able to assist you in recovering this account, here was our last message when we did this one of many times.
Lindy Throgmartin

Hello,

As you're aware, this account has been a bit... dramatic. As one final courtesy to you for the life of the account, we are recovering the account for you. The email has been updated. **@kolabnow.com
I would encourage you to protect, secure and ensure the account is kept current as unfortunately, we will be unable to recover it under any circumstances moving forward and you would need to purchase a new license should this be lost or otherwise inaccessible.
Thanks for your understanding and business.

Regards,

Rhett
Support and Cloud Manager
Invision Power Services, Inc.

Here is the message they said to me:

Hello, as mentioned by our CEO, we are no longer able to assist you in recovering this account, here was our last message when we did this one of many times.
Lindy Throgmartin

Hello,

As you're aware, this account has been a bit... dramatic. As one final courtesy to you for the life of the account, we are recovering the account for you. The email has been updated. **@kolabnow.com
I would encourage you to protect, secure and ensure the account is kept current as unfortunately, we will be unable to recover it under any circumstances moving forward and you would need to purchase a new license should this be lost or otherwise inaccessible.
Thanks for your understanding and business.

Regards,

Rhett
Support and Cloud Manager
Invision Power Services, Inc.
For any site you should use an email you have access to. Not sure how you lost access to the account and the email on it so many times. But you should probably talk to IPS there, not sure the XF pre-sales forum can help with that.

It appears Xenforo has a lot of what I need. If I purchase a license with all the available add-ons, how much is it to renew? And are renewals by the month or by the yea and can multiple years be purchased at cheaper rate?

The licence entitles you to 12 months of updates, after that you can use the licence perpetually, and you can still download the versions valid up until your licence experation.

Prices are as follows for initial purchase / renewal.

Once associated with an licence, you must renew all add ons at the sime time though I believe.

• XenForo $160 / $55
  • XF Media Gallery $65 / $15
  • XF Resource Manager $65 / $15
  • XF Enhanced Search $55 / $10
  • Installation Service $50
  • Upgrade Service $50
  • Branding Removal $300
Bulk prices here

Renew is yearly.

Note that you have to renew the addons if you have them at the same time (as I understand it) otherwise you have to remove them and then re-purchase them, you cannot 'de-activate' say 'Resources' or 'Media' and just pay for the XF renew then a month later want to pay to renew the addons. I removed my Media addon as I never actually used it to save money. :)

The above is actually best explained correctly here : https://xenforo.com/purchase/xenforo-details which also shows you the current pricing for new and/or renew.

Are you in the UK or EU ? You may have to pay V.A.T (or local eqivalent maybe) on those prices I'm not sure if the ones show include that or not actually, probably not as its rate % will be different in each E.U location.

That is that is a deal breaker, why don't they make it so that you can renew the items you want, and not being forced to pay the renewals that you may not be using at the moment?

That is that is a deal breaker, why don't they make it so that you can renew the items you want, and not being forced to pay the renewals that you may not be using at the moment?
You can request to have the add-ons removed from your license if you really don't want them anymore.

That said, the renewal prices for a year of any of the custom add-ons are $15 ($10 for enhanced search) for a year of updates for them. It's not really adding much. Even if you aren't using one of your add-ons an extra $15 spent in renewal is honestly is next to nothing if you're running a forum (a month of hosting? two trips to McDonald's?).

Is it possible to purchase all add-ons and the add-ons that I may not renew, can they just not renew that item instead of buying an add-on just to ask to remove the add-on from my license

Is it possible to purchase all add-ons and the add-ons that I may not renew, can they just not renew that item instead of buying an add-on just to ask to remove the add-on from my license
That is (if I remember correctly) what I did as I purchased two addons at the same time as XF. After a year I realised one of them I would never use so simply requested its removal at renew time. :) This obviously reduced the total renew cost a bit too.

But you have to buy it again if you decide you want to use it later.

@Vido it is what it is. You don't actually have to buy the official addons when you buy the main Xenforo license. You can buy them later when you are ready for them. Check the resources section. There are stacks of 3rd party addons, both free and paid. You don't have to renew them annually if you don't want, but you obviously wouldn't get updates beyond the initially included support period.

Top Bottom