XF 1.5 Integrating google spreadsheets...

Hecter

I'm looking around for the best method to embed google straight into my xenforo specifically spreadsheets, I've found a few ways people are trying to do this around the resources area all of which seem to be unmaintained, so I'm a little concerned with uploading unmaintained resources to my site, anyway which are currently the best methods for embedding google spreadsheets straight into my site?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hecter

I should have said, I want to do this via template files and latterly posts if that is possible.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If you want to embed them into posts, it will require a custom bb code.

If you want to embed them on page nodes (for example), you can add the embed HTML directly to the template.

Hecter

If you want to embed them into posts, it will require a custom bb code.

If you want to embed them on page nodes (for example), you can add the embed HTML directly to the template.
What is the current best custom bb code method, as there are so many I don't know which to touch.

On the node part it does not show up properly at all, it shows in a box inside the page with a hideous grey border which is not exactly what I am looking for, I have seen folk post extremely nice google docs/spreadsheets and it not show any borders at all just the content, this is what I am after.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
What is the current best custom bb code method, as there are so many I don't know which to touch.
I'm not aware of one - you may need to create your own.

On the node part it does not show up properly at all, it shows in a box inside the page with a hideous grey border
This will be due to the embed code you are using.

Hecter

I'm not aware of one - you may need to create your own.

This will be due to the embed code you are using.

Yeah I sorted the embed, its a bit messy but it does the job I guess.

In terms of the bbcode is it easy enough to add your own through the custom bbcode?