Installing into a subdomain

Hi, I'm trying to install XF forum into a subdomain hosted on godaddy. I've uploaded the upload folder, but when i go to the subdomain root nothing happens. Heres the details

http://www.inkd.me - this is my main site

forums.inkd.me - this is the subdomain I'm trying to install to.

/inkdforums - this is the folder in my root created by godaddy for my subdomain when i created the subdomain. (this is the folder I uploaded the "upload" folder to as well)

What am I doing wrong?

Apologies for my lacking knowledge on how to do that. 7 years professionally as a graphic designer, with basic coding knowledge, but I'm lost in domain administration etc.

If you're using a Windows PC, just go Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt - then in the window type (without the quotes) "Ping forums.inkd.me" - press return and see what it reports back. (y)

Hey so I assumed creating a subdomain created an A record to my hosting. I did not, ended up figuring this out on my own.

Now the new problem. I created a fresh install of XF and linked it to an imported database from my old XF.

And The site shows up styled etc. But It wont let me login throws this at me:

Code:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at forums.inkd.me Port 80

I don't know what other files i need to copy over from my old install so that I don't get these errors. Thanks for any help.

Have a look in the error.log file to see what the specifics of the error are - 500 is a general error code for "somthing stuffed-up on the server and I can't complete your request" ... :D

You can usually find the error logs in the root of your hosting files for that site ... something like /home/site/logs

Heres the root of my install folder.
Don't see an error log.
files.jpg
\
Or did you mean the root of my entire site and not just the subdomain.
Checked the main root as well and the "home" folder within. Not seeing anything.

I have a copy of all files from my previous XF install. Could I copy them over and overwrite all files and just not copy config.php over?

I don't think copying your old files over will help.

Have you checked permissions for all the files and folders? You might have a key file/folder set as read-only.

Can you access the Admin Control Panel (ACP)? - forums.inkd.me/admin.php

Have you double-checked the database settings in your XF config.php file? (presumably these haven't changed?)

I'll check the permissions, the config.php did change successfully as i've exported the tables from a db on the old server to a db on the new server.

And, no i can't access the ACP unfortunately

The error throws as soon as i type in my login creds and click signin..

Is there a URL I should be using to go straight to the ACP?

If i try to go directly to forums.inkd.me/admin.php i get this error

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: INSERT command denied to user 'jsalsburey83'@'173.201.196.219' for table 'xf_session_admin'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Session.php at line 690
XenForo_Session->saveSessionToSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 431
XenForo_Session->save() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 401
XenForo_Controller->updateSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 350
XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 317
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/87/9307087/html/inkdforums/admin.php at line 13

Possible that i need to manually add something to the db?

jsalsburey83 is the current read only username. Why is the read only username trying to write instead of the main username?

Top Bottom