Installing addon

Spartan

I loved xenforo initially, but have become frustrated with finding, installing, and managing addons. Xenforo was best when it was more “one stop shopping.”

Most of the addons I use are now directed to another site, which require another registration, and another layer of administration to deal with. Even many of those that still allow direct download from this site don't work with the download and install addon.

Bottom line: I now have to pay someone to install addons, and pay another fee for upgrades. And getting support for addons has often become a game of hide and seek.

I’m still a committed xenforo user, but I’d change to another script if it were comparable, but more user friendly.

any idea where to upload files and which directory to upload in the zip? any simple instructions? for example register email has lots of sub directories! TY

any idea where to upload files and which directory to upload in the zip? any simple instructions? for example register email has lots of sub directories! TY

As in the instructions linked in the post above.

Main points:

Upload only the the contents of the upload folder (will be on ewor more folders)
Make double sure your FTP client is set to merge , not overwrite/replace folders. Otherwise you will be sorry :(

Top Bottom