Installing add-ons via FTP

Arantor

I'm curious.

When I first dipped my toe into installing add-ons, I was very surprised that there was no way to install an add-on via web interface much as I had been used to with SMF.

Are there any plans to introduce something like that or not? Does it bother you that XenForo doesn't allow it? (Or am I missing something pretty fundamental?)

Disclaimer: I do development work on a free forum package. I do also have a live XenForo forum too.

Doesnt particularly bother me that you cant do this from xenforo tbh. Not a massive issue to upload something via ftp and then import a file. I kinda look from the point of view that what would I rather have, an automatic upload and install procedure for the addons when Im capable of doing this myself, or more core feature for users being developed? Personally I would chose the latter. Make it easy for me to develop yeah, but other than that Im happy to install as we do at the moment.

It would be handy if this was like Wordpress (for example) in that respect, where you could install something via the browser without delving into FTP. However as I regularly FTP anyway for other stuff it hasn't really bothered me. Could be a nice feature to have in future though. Anything that makes life easier for those not confident with FTP and the likes can only be good.

Top Bottom