XF 2.2 Installation redirects to upgrading

Yes, I installed before, however I've already cleaned the cache, also tried anonymous and another browser, still the same problem.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any other idea?

Last edited:
I don't think there is a file to disable it. If it's a totally fresh install, then it should work. If there are old install files there from a previous install, it will try to run as an upgrade as there is an install lock file present.

If there are no old files at the path then it could be 'server' or browser caching.

If restarting the server or clearing the cache doesn't work, hard refresh your browser.

That's weird. I changed the browser and used anonymous windows, have already cleaned everything, so can't be cache.

I'm using docker and have successfully installed version 2.2.12. Now I need version 2.2.8 for testing purpose and as downgrade isn't possible, I'm installing from scratch.

I hard deleted all files from the 2.2.12 version, then copied the all new files from version 2.2.8 and there's no install lock file present. Also destroyed all docker images and containers, so all fresh and still got the redirection.

I have no idea what's going on.

Still strange, as the lock file must be present too. The only other thing that comes to mind is if you have custom mounts set for internal-data.

False alarm, I'm still stuck on installation.

Now, after set the database information, it says that config file has been written, and when I click continue, it says that I've completed installation (index.php?install/step/1b).

But no installation was made, no table in the database, also there is no install lock file. Any solution for this?

1703549123458.webp

1703549183726.webp

It would be down to some kind of environment issue. See \XF\Install\Helper::isInstalled and \XF\Util\File::installLockExists. Essentially \XF::fs()->has('internal-data://install-lock.php') returns true, meaning the lock file does exist as far as XF is concerned. Barring custom mounts or stale Docker volumes, I'm have no idea what would cause this.

I found out the issue.

Due to the docker configuration, I have folders outside the main xenforo installation such as ./.data where the install-lock file and other configurations were. After deleting this information I was finally able to install XF.

Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Top Bottom