Inserting Image (Attachments) in XF2.2 isn't as easy to use

arn

Anyone else feel like the insert image/attachment button is a little too hidden? I feel like it's not as obvious what you're supposed to do. Feels like a usability step back.

And "select attachments" also feels like the same as attach files. I made that mistake when I wanted to upload more attachments.

Xenforo 2.2:

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 2.40.25 PM.png

Xenforo 2.1:

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 2.43.00 PM.png

Anyone else feel like the insert image/attachment button is a little too hidden? I feel like it's not as obvious what you're supposed to do. Feels like a usability step back.

And "select attachments" also feels like the same as attach files. I made that mistake when I wanted to upload more attachments.
Yep, versus -XF2.1 for our main site that is nearly always using full-size image attachments the new UX feels like a more cumbersome process for somebody to insert their full-sized photos into a thread (especially for multiple photos).

Personally I'd like to see a simple 'click-select-insert' icon/menu interface.... click the always visible icon or button, select the photo or photos from your device, and then have the images inserted into the post editor at full-size.

I suppose it depends on how your users use XF now.
Personally I always go to the items to be attached and then copy it (or its url), and then I go into to post, and then paste it.
I never knew there was an attachment icon.

(But I cannot speak for my users)

I do know that many of my users get confused with the Thumbnail / Full Image option.

We have to remember that features in a forum have to be user friendly for our users, who are probably not into forum software.

Reactions: arn
Top Bottom