Insert Image, Improvement - Poll Options and Resources Area

Ferdinand

All of these things would make a significantly better forum software and improve everyones communities.

[Very desirable(and needed)] The resources code is available to you guys that make XenForo, why is it not included with ours? I for one think it would be a very useful feature, especially for me as I am using it as a VLE (like moodle ect...) All you would need to do is write the XML to make it an add on if you didnt want to include it as standard, and other developers would be able to make this into a download shop ect.

[Essential] Add the upload a file option to the insert an image menu, people can do it but is simplicity is our option most modern users are looking for it to be really simple so they would click the toolbar icon and no realise there is a way to upload images if they use the resource manage. It would be easy to do and improve usability a lot.

[Desirable] Have the option to turn polls on and off for nodes.

This whole list is like a 20-30 minute task for someone who understands the XF code well.
If other people would like these please support my requests.

[Essential] Add the upload a file option to the insert an image menu, people can do it but is simplicity is our option most modern users are looking for it to be really simple so they would click the toolbar icon and no realise there is a way to upload images if they use the resource manage. It would be easy to do and improve usability a lot.

I agree that it is very hard to find the "image upload" or "link to video" buttons at the editor.
Lots of my users have no clue that there are buttons at the editor to do so.

There should be some buttons added to XF for:

- upload image
- link to image
- embed video

The Xenforo button is [Upload a File]
Most uploads are Images .... you could always rename the button to [Upload Image] !

TinyMCE should have a [Help button] that gives a Tour of the editor

That's not good enough, I use the board so users can upload files and share resources in school. It would not be much for the insert image dialogue box to have an upload file option. next to insert, it can even just redirect them to the existing attachment manager. Most users will click this when they want to add an image and by having only the URL reduces the quality of the user experience, significantly.

It would not be much for the insert image dialogue box to have an upload file option. next to insert, it can even just redirect them to the existing attachment manager.
I think you mean this.

I agree with you. It should be easy to do.
I take it this is what you want.
xenforo.image.insert.redirect.to.file.insertion.webp
Actually ... I think the [Insert from file] should be in the top right corner.

This is a TinyMCE issue I assume. or ... more correctly Xenforo's implementation of TinyMCE.
I am sure someone could do what you want.

FYI: You should break up your suggestions into just one suggestion per topic.

I think you mean this.

I agree with you. It should be easy to do.
I take it this is what you want.
View attachment 37632
Actually ... I think the [Insert from file] should be in the top right corner.

This is a TinyMCE issue I assume. or ... more correctly Xenforo's implementation of TinyMCE.
I am sure someone could do what you want.

FYI: You should break up your suggestions into just one suggestion per topic.
Yes that is exactly what I'm looking for, I'm not too confident with installing TinyMCE Enhancements, Fix and BB code manager to just resolve this though.

I'll separate the suggestions soon.

Thank You

Top Bottom