Lack of interest Inline moderation of post reports

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

kontrabass

Wait! I know something like this has already been suggested in like 3 threads. BUT this is a bit different. And maybe a little bit of a stretch :)

We have inline moderation of search results now, and it's GREAT! Can the same functionality be somehow used for post reports? In other words, not merely a "reject all checked" or "close all checked", but after a mod checks some boxes in the post reports list they could have a "select all related threads" drop-down, or "select all related posts" drop-down.

Here's the problem: When a user decides they're going to go all "Barney Fife" on us and play citizen cop and clean out mis-categorized threads:

1495497_365461ddb5d34d2843226cf16bd48f73.webp

Yes it's rare, but oh what a pain. In the above example, a dream solution would be a "select all related threads" action, and all the threads could be moved to the correct forum en masse. Then, all the reports could be checked again and "closed" en masse.

Probably just a big forum problem, so this probably won't get very far. Haha. :coffee:

Edit: You know what would be easier: Next to the "Go to Content" button in the post report, there could be a "select reported post" and "select related thread" box :) Mods would still have to click into every post report, but this would save some work.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wait! I know something like this has already been suggested in like 3 threads. BUT this is a bit different. And maybe a little bit of a stretch :)

We have inline moderation of search results now, and it's GREAT! Can the same functionality be somehow used for post reports? In other words, not merely a "reject all checked" or "close all checked", but after a mod checks some boxes in the post reports list they could have a "select all related threads" drop-down, or "select all related posts" drop-down.

Here's the problem: When a user decides they're going to go all "Barney Fife" on us and play citizen cop and clean out mis-categorized threads:

View attachment 93805

Yes it's rare, but oh what a pain. In the above example, a dream solution would be a "select all related threads" action, and all the threads could be moved to the correct forum en masse. Then, all the reports could be checked again and "closed" en masse.

Probably just a big forum problem, so this probably won't get very far. Haha. :coffee:

Edit: You know what would be easier: Next to the "Go to Content" button in the post report, there could be a "select reported post" and "select related thread" box :) Mods would still have to click into every post report, but this would save some work.
I second this motion. I'd like to have the checkboxes on the main reports page. Being able to resolve/reject etc multiple reports at once would be great.

Top Bottom