Inherited node permissions - do they cascade down through to *all* children?

CTXMedia

I've got an odd permissions issue since re-rigging my Classifieds forums.

To make things easier for myself I set all the permissions in the Classifieds parent forum, and then use the Inherit permissions settings for all the children, like so:

Classifieds
For Sale​
Completed sales​
Auctions​
Wanted​
Exchange / free​
They all seem to work okay - except Completed sales. It doesn't appear to have inherited the Admin group permissions and I cannot edit anything (even as Superadmin).

I doubt it's a bug as this would have come up long before now, but the permissions for Complete sales is no different to For Sale so I would have assumed it would inhert down from Classifieds the same way For Sale does?

Or does the inheritance only last for a single generation - just to a node's children but not any further down?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Permissions are inherited by all child nodes. Sure you didn't set a usergroup permission in addition to the node permissions?

No, I don't think so - that's what's making it so baffling. I'll go through them with a fine toothcomb and see what gives - I've obviously messed up, it's just not all that obvious what I've done ... :ROFLMAO:

Got it - fat fingered Admin issue - nothing wrong with the software ... :ROFLMAO:

The Complete sales forum is different to the rest because it's read-only - using the Revoke column for most of the permissions (we put sold items there so people can still reference them, but it gets them off the For Sale forum and allows 'active' sales to live further up the front page).

Anyway, when I did a side-by-side comparison of the two I'd inadvertantly set all the moderator permissions to revoke too ... DOH!!

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees ... :LOL: