Inherit / Never Permissions Issue

Prudence

Hey there!

I'm having an issue on the forum that I support. The problem arises that we previously had a backend admin that wasn't very familiar with the most efficient use of permissions, and liberally used the Never permissions rather than No. I've been responding to errors where users didn't have proper node permissions since one of their secondary user groups were set to Never, however when I set these to No they still lack the necessary permissions — even if their other usergroups have the permissions set to inherit (for instance a different user group with all permissions set to yes, and elevated to super administrator). However if I toggle the Inherit to a specified Yes on the other user group then the permissions immediately return.

This issue doesn't arise on nodes that never had a permission set to Never, and instead started out with the permissions set to No and Inherit.

Any advice / fix for this would be much appreciated. I can also provide screenshots / more details if needed for further clarification.

Top Bottom