1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Indefined Genre

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Cidrack, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Cidrack

Cidrack Active Member

Hi, I would like use only Male and Female... How can I remove Indefined Genre? Thanks.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You can create a custom user profile field.

3. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

To remove it?

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Yeah, from what I've gathered, you can't modify the core profile fields, which is why people are always told they have to create a custom profile field if they want gender to be required, for example.

Alternatively, I believe it could be commented out in the respective template.

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

template: register_form and account_personal_details

To remove; find code:
    Code:
    <li><label for="ctrl_gender_"><input type="radio" name="gender" value="" id="ctrl_gender_" {xen:checked "!{$fields.gender}"} /> ({xen:phrase unspecified})</label></li>
    To comment out;
    Code:
    <xen:comment><li><label for="ctrl_gender_"><input type="radio" name="gender" value="" id="ctrl_gender_" {xen:checked "!{$fields.gender}"} /> ({xen:phrase unspecified})</label></li></xen:comment>
    Both will remove the "Unspecified" on registration, as well as not being able to select it on the Account Details page.

Jeremy and Amaury like this.
  6. Cidrack

Cidrack Active Member

Thank you very much