XF 1.2 Increase Font Size Throughout Forum

vord

I want to make the font size bigger throughout my forum to suit an older audience. But fonts appears to be controlled by pixel size in 63 templates so this does not look like a quick job.

Does anyone know of a way to change the font size of just about everything without having to go through all the templates? Apart from anything else modifying all the templates would make upgrading levels in the future painful.

Might have been code edits I've made but I don't get the same effect doing that as zooming in a click or two in Firefox. Not sure where the reference is for the percentage text change.

I've found an out of date cheat sheet for sticking fonts into extras.css and changing them on mass there. But it's out of date and something else seems to be constraining a lot of font sizes.

Would probably be quicker reskinning vB3 to responsive than nudging the font size on xenforo. Boo hiss on that one.

It's not possible to change text size globally without altering hundreds of 'text-size:' in various css templates.

It would have been possible by simply converting all of the px and pt sizes to em in style.css in a thousand lines of css (actually reasonably quick to put together copying from the css files your browser downloads) but that doesn't influence all the css files downloaded after extra.css. I've made a suggestion about that: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/make-extra-css-the-last-css-file-to-load-so-it-works.62098/

With 1000 lines of css I was able to control text size using the body css for the home page. It works OK.

Really the software is written in a way that makes it inconvenient to modify the basics. Cascading Style Sheets are more than capable of making global text size a button click if used in a way that allows this.

Top Bottom