Increase font size admin area

euge

Hello,
I am testing the demo; I find the font size quite small, especially comparing to the current UI trends.
The admin panel allows me to change the size and that's perfect but I can't change the font size for the admin area, is it possible to do it without editing the code?

Thanks.

Eugenio

Hello,
I know I can increase the font size with the browser controls :) but I would like to set the size exactly as I can do for the front-end of the forum.
If this is not possible from the panel, can I change the CSS files so that my changes won't be reverted during an upgrade?

It appears as though you can edit the text sizes with custom entries in the extra.less file, as it loads even on the admin side. It's just a matter of choosing the correct selectors (which is the difficult part) and entering the modifications there, for the elements you need to increase the sizes of.

It appears as though you can edit the text sizes with custom entries in the extra.less file, as it loads even on the admin side. It's just a matter of choosing the correct selectors (which is the difficult part) and entering the modifications there, for the elements you need to increase the sizes of.

Thanks for the reply; is that file intended to be edited? What happens when I will upgrade my xenforo installation?

Thanks for the reply; is that file intended to be edited? What happens when I will upgrade my xenforo installation?
The extra.less file comes completely blank when you install XF, and it is yours to add anything you'd like. And, no changes are made to it by XF during upgrades.

The only question I have is, which extra.less template to add it to. Your "default" style has an extra.less template, and it is inherited by each extra.less child template beneath it. I would put it in the default theme to start with, but, I'm not sure where it should go.

In my case, I do it through the template modification system (which requires developer access, activated by a change in the site's config.php file that is visible once you have your own copy). I created my own add-on that adds code to change the scrollbar appearance, adding it manually to the bottom of the extra.less file. And inadvertently, it changes the scrollbar appearance in the admin area, which I was not expecting. (That is how I discovered extra.less was loading in the admin area.)

I'm hoping someone from XF will let us know which extra.less template should be edited...

Adding content to the public styles extra.less template won't affect the admin templates.

The admin templates are not set up to be styled as the front end templates are.

It is possible to do so although there are a few hoops you need to jump through.

Adding content to the public styles extra.less template won't affect the admin templates.

The admin templates are not set up to be styled as the front end templates are.

It is possible to do so although there are a few hoops you need to jump through.
I did a scrollbar restyling for my public side that ended up also styling the admin scrollbars. But, I did this through the template modification system as an add-on, which adds the modification to the bottom of the extra.less template. (I would actually call it "unexpected behavior," to be honest.) Here's the result:

1643034136820.webp

@Brogan you said adding content to the public styles extra.less template won't affect the admin templates but it can actually do it?
I am a bit confused.
But overall, I think the answer is that there isn't any official way to change the font size of the admin panel.
I find the size of the submenu links not very comfortable to read.

Indeed--it would have a bit of a learning curve. (I am so used to utilizing the template modification system now, that I have no manual template edits at all. All of my modifications are now created as addons. It makes upgrades so much easier!)

Top Bottom