Fixed Inconsistency when disabling add-on: Options page is hidden in setup, but still available from the add-on list

SeToY

Affected version
2.1.10 Patch 2
Hey there,

I think I have found an inconsistency regarding add-ons in a disabled state. The respective add-on's options page (accessible via Setup > Options) is hidden (as I would deem correct), but the very same page is still accessible via the add-on list > gear icon > options.

My understanding is that the "Options" link should be hidden there and direct links to the options page should result in an error page stating that the options page of requested add-on could not be shown because the add-on is disabled.

The ability to change options for a disabled add-on was very useful for me a couple of days ago.

What I was wondering then was if it was possible to install an add-on disabled, and not have to disable it directly after installation.

I don't want this "bug" to be fixed.

The problem with changing options for disabled add-ons in this manner is that some options have either renderers or validators (or both) that utilize add-on provided code. Since the add-on is disabled, this results in running code of a disabled add-on (which is not is wanted since it's disabled), and also can result in allowing admins to set invalid option values if those validators resolve differently due to the add-on being disabled. Once the add-on is re-enabled, the admin can run into additional problems due to this.

Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 2).

Change log:
Hide options link from add-on controls menu when an add-on is disabled
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom