• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

include banned users in the usercounter

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

this is a custom add-on requested here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/include-banned-members-in-total-member-count.14785/#post-193784

(includes the banned users to the user counters)

I decided to code it, to make dutchbb happy and to show Tilkißey how the proxy system is working (because i'm unable to describe it^^ ;)

It's not supported (but this should really not be neccessary because it's not very complex^^)

I haven't time to test it, so i'm not really sure if the counter changes imediatly OR you need to wait for the cronjob => rebuild the total counters

paypal => ragga@ragtek.org :p *scnr*

Edit: with 1.0.1 a new option was introduced ( ACP => OPTIONS => Basic Board Options => Count ALL users)

Attachments

I tested it, it works. Just one thing you should put in the readme to run the boards total counter cron after installing it.

*Update*

kaiser requested a new feature for this add-on (to be able to count ALL users)
it's now included in the new build...

Edit: with 1.0.1 a new option was introduced ( ACP => OPTIONS => Basic Board Options => Count ALL users)

Thanks so much Ragtek, Just letting everyone know what this basically does is count banned members, and unvalidated members to the membercount as xenforo dosen't count them by default.

Reactions: Pro
is it possible to have a list of "banned members" somehow ?
I have many spammers and fake profiles on my forum, maybe it is a good idea to show a list of banned members?

is it possible to have a list of "banned members" somehow ?
I have many spammers and fake profiles on my forum, maybe it is a good idea to show a list of banned members?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-tr-banlist.13872/

Personally I am not for showing a wall of shame to users of a site.

It provokes the ones that are banned to say in your forum : Hey look, I am on that list, OR AM I!! .. And just make it worse.

I am also against showing a list to users because if the user is banned, their friends might make a fuzz. The more you give a situation public attention, the more you give them a platform to discuss it.

Deal with banned users in private, behind the curtains, and it sends a signal that malicious or plain stupid behavior is simply not appreciated, nor will it get attention or get the users anywhere.

Top Bottom