Incapsula Issue

silence

So I got an email for a failed payment for Incapsula today, that says the following:
ffc331a867f5c14f5102eb1df0d5b656.webp
$450.60?!??!!

I immediately contacted support a few hours ago and they told me this:
3b6fb6d7146a29872a2ab3a176f49adc.webp
Now fine, my bandwidth went way over the limit and I owe them money (even though it's a ridiculous amount), however, when you go to the plan page:
IT DOESN'T EVEN TELL YOU THERE IS A BANDWIDTH CAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The word 'bandwidth' doesn't even appear anywhere on that page!

My question is, what do I do?

I responded back to the support message saying that I was completely unaware and am confused as to the lack of information. Am I missing something here where it lists where the bandwidth cap is?
Can someone help me please, I would appreciate it extremely!

I would suggest sticking with CloudFlare since I believe they don't have a bandwidth cap, since this is just insane.
Last time I checked I was getting 10,000 views per day. Now it's at 200,000 (no idea when that happened) and I'm extremely lost...

Last edited:
Ummmmmm......I'm not going to give you any legal advice, but I'd tell them to screw themselves, to be honest. I spent the last 25 minutes going through their website, plans, comparisons, even the Terms of Use, and I don't see anything about bandwidth limits. If you didn't agree somewhere to pay the bandwidth overage charges, there is NO WAY they can legally hold you to those charges, and no way they can force you to pay. Those are ridiculous charges anyway. $450 for 1.5TB of data? They're out of their friggin' minds.

When did you sign up for Incapsula, you might have been on their grand fathered bandwidth limited plans http://web.archive.org/web/20130402...psula.com/pricing-and-plans/compare-all-plans which shows as 500GB/month

I use Incapsula Business plan for 4 domains and I am also on grand fathered plans as i still get charged the $19/month for each additional site added to Business plan instead of the current $59/month per additional site

edit: oh and here's a tip, if you want to move off their grand fathered plans, all you need to do is change your plan up or down for 1 month and then change back to your original plan.

When did you sign up for Incapsula, you might have been on their grand fathered bandwidth limited plans http://web.archive.org/web/20130402...psula.com/pricing-and-plans/compare-all-plans which shows as 500GB/month

I use Incapsula Business plan for 4 domains and I am also on grand fathered plans as i still get charged the $19/month for each additional site added to Business plan instead of the current $59/month per additional site

edit: oh and here's a tip, if you want to move off their grand fathered plans, all you need to do is change your plan up or down for 1 month and then change back to your original plan.
Well I still have not gotten a response from support so I will update the thread when they respond.

Alright it was resolved and I was credited so I wouldn't have to pay that ridiculous amount. However they want me to switch to their enterprise package which I cannot afford so it looks like I'm done with Incapsula for now.

Yes Incapsula plans below Enterprise have a preset limit of 6Mbps transfers ~1.8TB per month, beyond that Incapsula Enterprise is needed. Limit is very low, but I only use it for my smaller sites.

Yes Incapsula plans below Enterprise have a preset limit of 6Mbps transfers ~1.8TB per month, beyond that Incapsula Enterprise is needed. Limit is very low, but I only use it for my smaller sites.
I have a small site haha I have zero idea what happened D:

Top Bottom