1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Incapsula client IP reporting problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Paul Thomson, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Paul Thomson

Paul Thomson New Member

Hello all,

I'm being logged out of my forums every few minutes and I believe it's down to the client IP not being passed through to my proxy correctly, I was wondering how I could edit some settings to fix the issue?

I'm using Incapsula as a additional security measure to my site and they have kindly provided a fix/explanation of how to edit vBulletin's settings to work in harmony with their service but unfortunately not for XF!

I have contacted Incapsula support but they don't seem to be very fast at getting back to me so figured I'd start a thread on here as others may be experiencing similar problems.

I am using APC for caching but have not set the variable for ['cacheSessions'], and remains set to false.

I've read the post by Jake at http://xenforo.com/community/threads/keep-logging-out-of-xf-with-chrome.22968/#post-286837 which has helped to diagnose the problem but still searching for a fix.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Paul Thomson

Paul Thomson New Member

Bingo! Jake, you're a legend, thank you so much.